From the moment you step into any of our office locations, you realize we are not your typical law firm. You won’t see stuffy boardrooms or leather clubs collecting dust; what you will see are energetic lawyers dressed comfortably and working hard for their clients. You will see collaborations taking place and entrepreneurial minds thinking outside the box to create common sense solutions to complex problems.
Our offices are filled with people who want to put energy and ideas into everything they do, who want to do things differently. To keep that energy high - we seek the talented, the exceptional, the experienced and the entrepreneur. When we find them, we offer a great working environment, competitive compensation, full benefits and the opportunity to work at a law firm that recognizes that it doesn’t take a three-piece suit to make an outstanding attorney.
Who you should be: hard working, detailed oriented, analytical, entrepreneurial and one who never says “it’s not my job.”
Why you should work here: competitive compensation, exceptional benefits package, paid parking or bus pass, flexible time off policy- did we mention amazing office locations? And we throw one mean summer block party.
Messner Reeves LLP, an established, mid-sized, firm with offices in Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and New York, seeks mid or senior level Corporate, Securities and Mergers and Acquisitions attorneys with substantial experience to join its successful team. Candidates will have the following attributes:
• Significant experience with federal and state securities compliance, including, without limitation, IPOs and the preparation of securities disclosure documents for both publicly traded and privately held companies.
• Extensive experience structuring, negotiating and closing mergers, acquisitions, asset purchases, private equity purchases, loan transactions, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
• Experience managing due diligence, closings, regulatory filings and post-acquisition integration.
• Significant experience structuring and forming corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other business arrangements.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge and coordinate the completion of projects by junior attorneys.
• Desire to work on general corporate matters.
• Ideal candidates possess excellent academic credentials, strong analytical skills and will be detail oriented.
• A portable book of business is preferred along with the desire to continue the growth of their practice.
Salary commensurate with experience. Messner Reeves offers an exceptional benefits package including 100% paid medical and dental premiums for all employees, Life/AD&D/LTD, generous flexible time off policy, flexible spending account, paid parking or RTD pass and referral program, among other things.
Messner Reeves believes in letting lawyers build the practice that’s right for them. And the result is a firm of dedicated lawyers doing what they love – practicing law and helping their clients achieve their goals.
Messner Reeves LLP
1430 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202
Messner Reeves LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
"Messner Reeves respects its clerks as much as its attorneys: everyone is a valuable asset to the team. This experience taught me firsthand what to expect as a new associate at the firm. Messner Reeves gave me the freedom and flexibility to contribute to many different practice groups and then choose my own areas of concentration. The culture of the firm is energetic and welcoming with a focus on giving its clients the highest quality legal work at a reasonable price."
-Erica Siepman- Attorney (Summer Associate 2012 and Spring Associate 2013)